| "Some assembly required."|
This content is currently on the Public Test Region.
As long as the content is unfinished, this page will be unfinished as well.
Ashe quickly fires her rifle from the hip or uses her weapon’s aim-down sights to line up a high damage shot. She blasts enemies by throwing dynamite, and her coach gun packs enough punch to put some distance between her and her foes. And Ashe is not alone, as she can call on her omnic ally B.O.B., to join the fray when the need arises.
Ashe is the ambitious and calculating leader of the Deadlock Gang and a respected figure in the criminal underworld.
Born into a wealthy family, Ashe grew up surrounded by privilege. Her parents were highly sought-after business consultants and coaches for powerful CEOs around the world. Though her parents paid little attention to her (mostly leaving her in the care of the family’s omnic butler, Bob), they ensured that Ashe had every opportunity to succeed. But a chance meeting with a local ruffian, named Jesse McCree, and an impromptu string of crimes committed together opened her eyes to her true calling. The satisfaction of outwitting her targets and the thrill of getting away with it set her on the outlaw path.
Along with the other three founders of the Deadlock Gang, Ashe started to make a name for herself with bigger and more extravagant heists. The Deadlock Gang’s rapid rise to prominence put them at odds with the other criminal organizations in the American Southwest; the encounters often became violent. After years of skirmishes and bloodshed, Ashe called the heads of the major groups together.
Ashe saw the potential to grow the influence of all. She used what she’d learned from her parents’ business to bring order to these groups. Her proposal was that the gangs could work together (or at least, not work against each other). Her principles: keep your word, don’t work with the law, respect each other’s territory, and always punish betrayal.
No longer having to focus her energies on squabbles with the other gangs, Ashe is now writing her name across the American Southwest with a string of audacious heists and operations that has put her at top of the authorities’ most-wanted lists and cemented her legacy as an outlaw legend.
Beside these abilities, Ashe is able to jump, crouch, reload (only when her ammo is not full), and perform Quick Melee.
- All seasonal event items, which are marked with special event icons ( • • • • • ), are only available to be unlocked either through their respective Loot Boxes or by Credits within the event's duration. During the event, newly-introduced event items cost three times as much as non-event items of the same rarity, while returning seasonal items are unlocked at the regular price.
Main page: Bob
Bob is especially unique as he is the first NPC hero to appear in the game: while acting like a turret of sorts, Bob differs significantly in that he feels all the benefits and weaknesses of playable characters.
- Bob exists as a separate entity to Ashe, effectively giving the team a temporary seventh player. This means that Bob not only continues to exist even if Ashe dies, but he will contest any objective within his range until he despawns or is killed.
- Bob has two attack states: he spawns by charging until he hits something, and then remains stationary for a maximum of 10 seconds to fire at enemies, before finally despawning.
- Bob will always deploy by appearing from behind Ashe, charging until one of a few conditions is met:
- Bob hits one or more enemies, causing him to uppercut them into the air and open fire.
- Bob is blocked by an unmovable object, including player objects like Ice Wall.
- Bob is interrupted, such as being stunned by Flashbang.
- Bob collides with another charging enemy, such as Doomfist using Rocket Punch, stunning both Bob and the other player.
- Bob falls off the map, causing his death.
- When firing, Bob attacks the nearest hostile entity in sight like Symmetra's Sentry Turret. Bob's attack priority is enemy players before hostile entities.
- Like turrets, Bob will not attack shields but will instead track and shoot at enemy players behind them.
- Bob can benefit by any friendly ability, including but not limited to:
- Bob also suffers negative effects from hostiles, including but not limited to:
- Ashe's nickname, Calamity, is likely a reference to the famed American frontierswoman, Calamity Jane .
- Jason Hill revealed that she was originally not meant to be a hero and is the first hero to come from a cinematic.
- Additionally, they wanted to make a DPS hero that is 'weapon-focused' unlike Sombra and Doomfist who are dependent on their abilities.
- The Viper's inspiration came from other FPS games such as Call of Duty - the developer team even asked for their advice on how to make the gun feel 'good' for the players when playing Ashe.
- Ashe has the congenital disorder of Albinism, which explains why she has white hair and red eyes.
- Ashe has white hair leading to the name Ashe
- Her theme is revealed to be 'biker-cowboy gang leader' hybrid.
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||The Viper • Dynamite • Coach Gun • B.O.B.|
|Character relationships||McCree • Bob|
|Media||Animated Shorts||Ashe Origin Story • Reunion • Roadtrip|
|Heroes in Overwatch|