Background[edit | edit source]
Busan came under attack by the Gwishin omnics. MEKA successfully defeated them, but at the cost of all their mechs bar the one piloted by D.Va and some damage to the city itself. They attacked the city again one week later, in contrast to the usual gap of months. This left only D.Va to defend the city, but she managed to destroy the attackers.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- This section is a stub section. You can help by adding any available information to this section.
Each turn is played on one of the three sections of the map:
- Downtown takes place in the city streets of Busan, including a train station, a theatre, gaming arcades, and a karaoke club.
- Sanctuary is a garden environment featuring old-fashioned Korean architecture and seems to be a religious area.
- MEKA Base
- The MEKA Base is the base of operations for the government's MEKA unit and even features D.Va's room.
Unique Features[edit | edit source]
There are two interactive objects:
Dance Floor[edit | edit source]
Dance Floor is a DDR-style arcade cabinet in the player's spawn in Busan: Downtown. The player can jump on the correct directional arrow on the dance pad matching up with what's on screen.
Alternatively, the player can also use a dance emote to get all Perfects.
Karaoke[edit | edit source]
There is also a karaoke room in one of the enemy's spawn. The background music is a shortened version of D.Va's theme song in Heroes of the Storm. Pressing the microphone with the interact button with Ashe, Baptiste, Brigitte, D.Va, Echo, Genji, Mercy, McCree, Torbjörn, Reinhardt, Sigma, Sombra, Tracer, Widowmaker, Wrecking Ball, or Zenyatta will cause them to sing. If Reaper is prompted to do so, he will refuse. Sombra also won't sing, but she'll instead hack the karaoke screen, showing her icon and coding, and talking about herself seeing what others are doing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The MEKA base is also the background for the animated short Shooting Star.
- The Sanctuary spawn room is based off of the spawn room that was used for the Lunar New Year Capture the Flag variant of Lijang Tower
- Some of the buildings in the background of the Downtown map recycled buildings models from the Busan Stadium, which was a Lúcioball 2018 map.
- Captain Myung's voice has heard in the MEKA base.
- The Busan map was first unveiled at Korea Overwatch Fan Festival on August 22, 2018 and added to the PTR server on that day.
- A Busan map was made by Shua Llorente in June, 2018—two months before Blizzard's version was released. This led some to speculate whether the timing of the map reveals was coincidental. When asked, Llorente stated ""I don’t think Blizzard was inspired by my map, since I’m the one who was inspired by their environments, and I’m the one who uses their map as a guide in creating my own maps."
- The PC Bang features many video games on its screens, such as Striker Eleven.
- Movies like Some like it Bot and Six-Gun Killer are being shown at the theater in Korean with their posters being translated.