|November 7, 2014|
The Overwatch cinematic trailer was shown as part of the game's reveal at BlizzCon 2014.
In a time of global crisis, an international task force of heroes banded together to restore peace to a war-torn world. This organization, known as Overwatch, ended the crisis and helped maintain peace for a generation, inspiring an era of exploration, innovation, and discovery.
After many years, Overwatch's influence waned and it was eventually disbanded. Now in the wake of its dismantling, conflict is rising once again. Overwatch may be gone…but the world still needs heroes. 
- The short is also referred to as The Exhibit.
- The security guard is playing Hearthstone.
- The trailer spent twelve months in pre-production and required "over 300 man months of artist labor."
- 2014-11-07, Overwatch Cinematic Trailer. Youtube, accessed on 2016-08-18.
- 2014-12-15, Behind The Cinematic Sound Of Blizzard's Spectacular Overwatch Trailer "Our cinematic for Overwatch is a short story of two brothers, Brian and Timmy, who are visiting a museum dedicated to a colorful team of heroes called Overwatch, which had disbanded some time ago.", A Sound Effect, accessed on 2016-08-18.
- Overwatch: The Exhibit. IMDb.
- 2016-12-17, BlizzCon 2016 Overwatch Animated Shorts Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2017-01-07