For 2 seconds (when resource meter is at full charge), as long as the button is held, D.Va deletes enemy projectiles within a 10-meter cylindrical range in front of her to protect her allies. She is also able to block an attack that is obstructed by her teammates. D.Va cannot attack while this ability is in use, but she can still move. When the button is let go, it will take D.Va 2 seconds to use the Defense Matrix again. Despite the description, the Defense Matrix is also able to absorb hit-scan attacks.
This ability comes with a meter that depletes as it's used. Once the meter is fully depleted, it takes 8 seconds to recharge the empty meter back to full charge. When not in use, it will start to recharge after 1 second in pause.
In the Game Options, D.Va has an option that affects her Defense Matrix:
- Toggle Defense Matrix: When enabled, pressing the appropriate button will toggle the Defense Matrix on and off. Otherwise, the button must be held.
See below table for abilities marked as both Y and N
- ↑ The dynamite can be negated only when airborne.
- ↑ The initial arrow can be negated, but not the dragons.
- ↑ The mine can be negated only when airborne.
- ↑ The drone can be negated when airborne, but not the resulting blizzard.
- ↑ The damage tethers emanating from the orb cannot be negated, however the orb itself can be negated
- ↑ The bomb can be negated when airborne, but not the explosion after.
- ↑ The mine can be negated when airborne, but not the trigger later.
- ↑ The projectile can be negated when airborne, but not the resulting black hole.
- Melee weapons including Quick Melee cannot be negated with Defense Matrix.
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Fusion Cannons • Defense Matrix • Boosters • Micro Missiles • Eject • Light Gun • Call Mech • Self-Destruct|
|Lore||Organizations||MEKA • Goldshire Pictures|
|Character relationships||D.Mon • Dae-hyun • Captain Myung • King • Casino • Overlord|
|Media||Animated Shorts||We Are Overwatch • Shooting Star||-|