|May 16, 2016|
Dragons is the third animated short for Overwatch. It features the two Shimada brothers, Hanzo and Genji. It takes place at around the same time as Recall, and the other animated shorts of Season 1.
- "With every death comes honor. With honor, redemption."
The world is changing once again, and it's time to choose a side.
Dragons explores the history of conflict between the scions of the Shimada clan: Hanzo and Genji. We follow Hanzo as he returns to the siblings' family home in Hanamura once again to seek redemption...only this time, he finds himself confronted by the ghosts of his past.
- The music heard between 4:56-5:26 in the short was re-used in Heroes of the Storm as Genji's Home Screen music.
- The narrator is Genji and Hanzo's father, Sojiro Shimada, who was voiced by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.
- Interestingly, the amount of abilities displayed on the short that are not possible in game has increased since Hanzo's recent rework. These include:
- Hanzo being able to shoot either magnetic arrows, or normal arrows on curved trajectories.
- Hanzo being able to use Scatter Arrow.
- Hanzo being able to use his Storm Bow as a melee weapon.
- Genji being able to deflect an already cast Dragonstrike. (he actually is, try it)
- Genji dissappearing into a puff of smoke.
- 2017-05-16, Overwatch Lore - Michael Chu Reddit A.M.A Summary! | Hammeh. YouTube, accessed on 2017-05-18
- 2016-05-12, Animated Short Incoming: "Dragons", Play Overwatch.
- 2018-10-29, Who narrates the Dragons short?, Overwatch Forums. Accessed on 2018-10-29
- 2016-05-23, Overwatch Launch Event Lore Panel (21:29) Ben Dai: "The grandfather— the voice narrative behind all the scroll works are Cary Tagawa." . YouTube. Accessed on 2017-12-07.