The Killfeed is an optional component of the HUD that can be turned on in the Game Options.
The killfeed shows the six most recent kills and/or destructions, with the most recent at the top. It will display the victim on the right side and the killer on the left. Both names will be given the team-appropriate color, and will have an icon of the player's hero next to them. There are also some special killfeeds:
- Kills from the player will be highlighted with a grey background.
- If a kill is made by a death which no enemy player was responsible for, no killer will be displayed. This can happen due to:
- Self-damage from Pharah's Rocket Launcher and Barrage, Zarya's Explosive Charge, Soldier: 76's Helix Rockets, etc.
- Falling off the map.
- Environmental hazards such as the cars in Oasis.
- For kills via critical hits, the arrow will be red instead of white. If an ability was used which does headshot damage (such as Hanzo's Storm Arrows), the ability icon will also be red.
- For kills via a specific ability, there will be an icon of that ability before the arrow.
- For kills via Quick Melee, a punching icon will be shown before the arrow
- If Genji's Deflect ability reflected damage from another ability and caused an elimination, the ability icon that it was reflected will show on the killfeed, but with the Genji player on the left side.
- Mercy's Resurrections are shown in the killfeed.
- Ultimate projectiles negated by D.Va's Defense Matrix or Sigma's Kinetic Grasp are shown in the killfeed.
- Any hero who assisted in a kill will have a small portrait of the hero who assisted next to the hero who done the final blow.
The killfeed will also show the destruction of non-player entities such as Torbjörn's Build Turret, D.Va's mech, and Junkrat's RIP-Tire. For non-player entities, the icon will be of the ability that created the entity. If an entity is destroyed, the killfeed entry for its destruction will be displayed 50% smaller than normal. In addition to this, the elimination of a Zomnic or Zombardier during Junkenstein's Revenge would be displayed on the killfeed. Training Bots in the Practice Range are also displayed in the killfeed, when the player eliminates a Training Bot, or when the player is eliminated by a Training Bot. Prior to the March 21, 2017 patch, only the icon was shown without the owner's name.
The first version of the killfeed only showed one icon when indicating a kill (icon of a skull with swords crossing and arrow), and other than players, it only showed the destruction of Turrets, Teleporters, and RIP-Tires.