The Main Menu is the primary menu through which all of Overwatch's functions can be accessed. It is opened whenever a player starts the game.
Accesses the primary multiplayer play modes. All modes will be locked if the player is in a group and is not the group leader.
Accesses training play modes. All modes will be locked if the player is in a group and is not the group leader.
- Main article: Hero Gallery
Allows hero cosmetics to be customized.
- Main article: Loot Box
Allows Loot Boxes to be opened. If the player has multiple types of loot boxes, they may open one of their choice. This menu also allows the player to purchase loot boxes.
- Main article: Highlights
Shows all recent highlights, including "Today's Top 5", recently captured highlights and saved highlights.
- Main article: Social
The Social menu has three tabs:
- Friends: Shows all friends and whether they are offline, in Battle.net, or playing Overwatch.
- Groups: If in game, shows everyone in the three voice chat channels: Group, Team, and Match.
- Recent Players: Shows a list of players recently played with.
- Main article: Career Profile
The Career Profile has four tabs:
- Overview: Shows current statistics, including level, rank, and time on each hero.
- Statistics: Shows more statistics, divided by play mode and hero.
- Achievements: Shows a list of achievements and which ones the player has earned.
- Player Icon: Shows the player's icons and allows them to equip a new one.
- Main article: Options
The Options menu has five tabs:
- Video: Affects the appearance of the game.
- Sound: Affects the audio of the game.
- Controls: Affects the game's controls.
- Gameplay: Affects various game functions.
- Social: Affects interactions with other players.
Exit Game (PC Only)Edit
|Horizon Lunar Colony|
|Temple of Anubis|
Whenever a new map is released, that map becomes the background permanently for a week, then gets put into the rotation. Same with the case when a new hero is released, that hero also stand in the background permanently for a week.
New hero backgroundsEdit
Starting with Doomfist, every new hero would have their own map background, available only in the first week of the hero's release. The maps these backgrounds used are slightly modified, or in a different area than normal.
|Doomfist||Numbani||27 July - 2 August, 2017|
|Moira||Oasis||16 - 22 November, 2017|
|Brigitte||Eichenwalde||20 - 26 March, 2018|
|Wrecking Ball||Horizon Lunar Colony||24 - 28 July, 2018|
Seasonal event backgroundsEdit
Each seasonal event has unique combinations of heroes and maps that are displayed.
|Summer Games||Tracer, Lúcio, and Zarya||Estádio das Rãs|
|Sydney Harbour Arena|
|Widowmaker, McCree, and Soldier: 76||Unknown|
|Halloween Terror||Junkrat and Roadhog||Adlersbrunn|
|McCree and Reaper|
|Winter Wonderland||Torbjörn, Mei, Lúcio, Tracer, and McCree||King's Row (Winter)|
|Ana, Hanzo, Sombra, Roadhog, and Soldier: 76 (Note: Camera pans between scenes instead of being separate static images)||Black Forest (Winter)|
|Lunar New Year||Mei||Lijiang Tower (Lunar New Year)|
|Genji, Zarya, Pharah, Mercy|
|Archives||Tracer||King's Row (Uprising)|
|Anniversary||All Heroes until Orisa||N/A|
|All Heroes until Brigitte|
|Overwatch World Cup 2017||3 - 5 November, 2017|
|Overwatch League Inaugural Season||3 - 10, January 2018|
|BCRF Charity Event||8 - 21 May, 2018|
|Overwatch League Inaugural Season Champions||28-31 July, 2018|
- Some maps in the background are slightly different than they are in-game.
- Hanamura has a small pavilion in the middle of the cherry blossom yard. On the menu, this is replaced by a slightly elevated stone platform.
- Volskaya Industries has a catwalk in-game that is absent in the menu.
- King's Row's attackers spawn room has two doors on either side of the front wall. On the menu, it is just one big door.