Mechs are a type of bi-pedal walker.
Types[edit | edit source]
Junkers[edit | edit source]
MEKA[edit | edit source]
MEKA mechs (or at least the one used by Hana Song) are equipped with twin short-range rotating fusion cannons. They lay down continuous, high-damage fire without needing to reload, but slow the mech's movement while they’re active. The mech is also equipped with jump boosters, a defense matrix that shoots down incoming projectiles, and a self-destruct system. When activated, the mech sets its reactor to overload, and the pilot is ejected.
Originally, these mechs were drones, but as MEKA's networks were hijacked by the omnic that they faced, they turned to human pilots. These pilots are allowed to customize their mechs and broadcast their combat operations to a live audience. Pilots must earn their operator's licence before piloting their mech.
Omnic[edit | edit source]
Omnics have utilized devices similar to mechs, if not necessarily mechs themselves. During the first Omnic Crisis, they hijacked the Titan walker, turning it into a weapon of war. Likewise, the omnic that has ravaged South Korea (necessitating MEKA's formation in the first place) is quadrapedal.
Volskaya Industries[edit | edit source]
|“||Our first new mechs in a decade. This will ensure the future of Russia.||„|
|~ Katya Volskaya|
Volskaya Industries produces Svyatogor mechs, which are assigned to guard Russia's cities, as well as the Triglav protector. During the Second Omnic Crisis, a smaller mech was produced. At the time of their creation, these were the first new mechs the company had produced in a decade. Controlled by a single pilot, these mechs are equipped with new guidance systems. The mech's right arm is equipped with a particle beam, while the left arm is equipped with a type of shield generator.
References[edit | edit source]
- Heroes of the Storm Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HotS" defined multiple times with different content
- Overwatch, D.Va Cosmetics
- 2017-08-21, Junkertown | New Escort Map | Overwatch. YouTube, accessed on 2017-08-22
- D.Va, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2016-11-23
- Overwatch: Torbjörn: Destroyer
- 2015-12-18, Overwatch Theatrical Teaser | "We Are Overwatch". YouTube, accessed on 2016-11-23
- Overwatch Visual Source Book
- 2017-09-15, Blizzard Virtual Press Tour: Ana, Junkrat and Volskaya Foundry Map coming to the Nexus. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2017-09-17