Michael Chu was the senior designer for lore and story in Overwatch, and the game's lead writer. He is responsible for writing character backstories, the majority of in-game dialogue, and has worked on the production of the game's animated shorts.
On the 11th of March, 2020 Michael Chu announced his departure from Blizzard Entertainment; having worked for the company for 20 years.
- Ana: Old Soldiers (2016)
- Junkenstein (2016)
- Tracer: Reflections (2016)
- Tracer: Uprising (2017)
- Doomfist: Masquerade (2017)
- Bastet (2019)
- Valkyrie (2019)
- 2015-07-15, Reddit Q&A about Solider 76 | Overwatch. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-08-07
- 2016-12-02, BlizzCon 2016 Overwatch: What’s New Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2017-01-06
- 2018-11-23, BlizzCon 2018 Overwatch: What’s Next Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2018-11-25
- 2016-09-02, AMA Request - The Overwatch Sound design team Scott Lawlor, Reddit, accessed on 2016-09-23
- 2016-12-17, BlizzCon 2016 Overwatch Animated Shorts Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2017-01-07
- Michael Chu's website, accessed on 2016-10-10
- 2020-03-11, Overwatch lead writer leaves Blizzard after 20 years. Polygon, accessed on 2020-03-12