Recluse is a hero that was created for the pitch meeting for Prometheus, which became Overwatch. Her design is taken from unused Titan concept art. She was one of the marquee heroes prominently featured in the Prometheus "hero lineup" key art, and was also featured in early concept art created to help define the overall look of Overwatch's world, gameplay, and UI.
She had the following ability:
- Mouth Beam
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Recluse was featured in an early piece of gameplay concept art by Ben Zhang. When showing this art at the D.I.C.E. 2017 conference, Jeff Kaplan took a moment to address the Overwatch subreddit, stating "No, the hero in the center is not the hero who you think it is," in reference to the then-rumored 24th hero, who turned out to be Orisa.
- In addition to her Mouth Beam ability, it appears that she had the ability to deploy waves of small, quadrupedal robotic drones
- Her appearance is similar to that of the Junker Queen
References[edit | edit source]
- 2017-11-13, The evolution of Overwatch’s heroes. Blizzard Watch, accessed on 2017-11-13
- 2017-03-07, "Overwatch: How Blizzard Created a Hopeful Vision of the Future" - Jeff Kaplan (6:39) YouTube. Accessed on 2017-11-28.