Russia is a Eurasian country. The country maintains an athletics program.
Russia was a battlefield during the Omnic Crisis, and was one of the countries hit hardest by the war. Overwatch had a minimal presence within the country, so Russia had to defend itself on its own. In this, they were successful, as human-piloted Svyatogor mechs were deployed to battle the omnic armies. In Siberia, the Russian Defense Forces were able to defeat the omnic forces and shut down their omnium. However, the region was devastated as a result. During the rebuilding process, Russia rode the wave of the mechanized labor industry’s revitalization and entered a period of rapid growth.Russia became a battleground once more in the Second Omnic Crisis. Facing renewed omnic aggression from the Siberian omnium, the country ordered that Volskaya Industries increase Svyatagor production in order to deal with the threat. Propaganda was employed to remind the populace of the continuing omnic threat, and a coordinated offensive was made against the omnics, while its Svyatagors guarded its cities. The conflict has since claimed over 15,000 lives, with the international community reluctant to intervene.
- St. Petersburg
- Russia's flag was revealed to be the same as the real-world Russian Federation in the loading screen for the Overwatch map Volskaya Industries.
- Russia's role in the first Omnic Crisis appears to mirror that of the Soviet Union in the Second World War—in both cases, Russia/the USSR endures the lion's share of casualties, and both experience quick economic recovery in the war's aftermath.
- Zarya, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2015-03-09
- Overwatch Visual Source Book
- 2015-11-07, THE WORLD OF OVERWATCH. Blizzpro, accessed on 2015-11-17
- 2015-08-04, Volskaya Industries CEO announces increased mech production after new attacks from Siberian omnium.. Twitter, accessed on 2015-08-11
- 2015-05-24, Overwatch is Back: Uncertainty and Hope After UN Confirms Vigilante Activity. Blizzard Entertainment., accessed on 2016-5-25