- This page is an archive for the format and ruleset of Competitive Season 3. For the details of the current rules and mechanics of Competitive Play, see Competitive Play
Season 3 is the third season of Competitive Play.
Season 3 changes Edit
- In the period of off-season, players can participate in Competitive Play, but there will be no change onto the skill rating, and there will be no Competitive Points reward.
- There will be an overhaul in skill rating mechanic to make the rating curve move lower and players will be distributed more broadly across the skill tiers.
- Starting skill rating will based on last season's skill rating along with the performances in placement matches.
- This reward was used for Season 3.
End-of-season rewards Edit
At the end of each season, two tiers of unique items are rewarded:
- Competitor: Every player who has completed their 10 placement matches will receive a unique Player Icon and Spray to match the season.
- Hero: Every player in the Top 500 list on their region and platform will receive an animated variant of the Competitor spray and two unique player icons; one for being in the Top 500 and another for being in the Top 500 of that season. These rewards will be awarded to anyone who has entered the Top 500 during the season, regardless of whether or not they still hold the position at the end of the season.
Players will also receive a set amount of Competitive Points at the end of the season, based on their highest recorded skill rating tier in that season. End-of-season Competitive Points reward will still be granted for players at the hard cap.