|Second Omnic Crisis|
During the first Omnic Crisis, the Russian Defense Forces were able to defeat the omnics and shut down their omnium in Siberia. Thirty years later, the omnium reactivated and the region was thrust into conflict once again. The country ordered Volskaya Industries to increase Svyatogor production to deal with the increased hostilities. Likewise, the company developed a new type of mech in order to combat the omnics. Propaganda was employed to remind the populace of the continued omnic threat, and a coordinated offensive was made against the omnics. The conflict has since claimed over 15,000 lives, with the international community reluctant to intervene.
- Jack Morrison opinioned that the King's Row Uprising could have led to open war; potentially, the Second Omnic Crisis could have started in the United Kingdom years before Russia if not for Overwatch.
- In the context of Overwatch 2, Jeff Kaplan has made reference to a "second omnic uprising," in light of Null Sector's actions. This could make it synonomous with the Second Omnic Crisis.
- Zarya, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2016-03-28
- 2015-08-04, Volskaya Industries CEO announces increased mech production after new attacks from Siberian omnium.. Twitter, accessed on 2015-08-11
- 2015-11-07, THE WORLD OF OVERWATCH. Blizzpro, accessed on 2015-11-17
- 2017-04-12, Welcome to Overwatch Uprising!. YouTube, accessed on 2017-04-12
- 2021-02-20, BlizzConline 2021 | Behind the Scenes of Overwatch 2 | Overwatch. YouTube, accessed on 2021-03-13