|Cherise Boothe (English)
Soyoung Lee (korean)
Sojourn was a member of Overwatch, joining at some point in the organization's Golden Age and staying with them into their twilight years. At some point, she received cybernetic brain upgrades. She once stated that she's at peace with her enhancements.
Sojourn featured in the Overwatch cartoon that aired before the group was disbanded. In one episode, Sojourn led her fighters in a battle against Talon. Even though they were heavily outnumbered, Sojourn and her crew didn't rest until every Talon agent was eliminated.
|“||Tracer. Status report.
Target in sight captain.
We've waited a long time for Maximilien to show his face. It's now or never.
No pressure then.
|~ Tracer and Sojourn during the operation|
After Overwatch struggled to arrest Doomfist following the King's Row Uprising, Sojourn suggested to Strike-Commander Jack Morrison that the organization change tactics by instead arresting Doomfist's accountant, Maximilien. She soothed Jack's anxieties about sending the strike team out after an in-field incident with Reinhardt, and she believed that Jack would agree with her that Tracer has grown as a leader since the King's Row Uprising. She assigned Tracer to lead a strike team of Mercy, Winston, and Genji in the mission to track Maximilien. In the operation, she supported the team via radio, and they successfully apprehended Maximilien.
After Overwatch's disbandment, Sojourn laid low in Canada. Years later, she was one of the group's former members recalled by Winston. She ended up rejoining the organization at some point after Null Sector's attack on Paris. She fought against Null Sector in Toronto, when the omnics besieged the city.
- Her name is a possible reference to the African-American abolitionist Sojourner Truth.
- Sojourn wields a railgun in Overwatch 2 gameplay. Gameplay footage indicates that it can be fired either as an automatic weapon, or as a single-charge shot (a counter is displayed going up to 100, reverting to 0 after each shot).
- Sojourn is said to be "right at the center" of the overall plotline of Overwatch 2.
- Sojourn is possibly the one responsible for giving Orisa her weapon. In The Hero of Numbani, when asked about her new weapon, Orisa refers to "she," and tells Efi that they will make "a quick sojourn abroad."
Development of Sojourn started in 2015, or possibly as early as 2014, with different iterations of the character appearing in both Winston's Recall animated short and Ana's Origin Story. When designing Sojourn, the developers looked back at Overwatch and considered what archtypes were missing. They concluded that a railgun-type hero was missing.
Leaked screenshots from Overwatch 2 show Sojourn with a maple leaf logo on her left shoulder. During the BlizzCon 2019 Overwatch: What's Next panel, Jeff Kaplan confirmed that Sojourn was Overwatch's first Canadian hero.
- 2019-11-02, STORY MISSIONS, HERO MISSIONS, PUSH MAPS, AND MORE–OVERWATCH 2 “WHAT’S NEXT” PANEL RECAP. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2020-05-16
- The Hero of Numbani
- Storm Rising
- 2019-04-16 "Third! In addition to Recall and Storm Rising, she also appears in Ana's origin story." Twitter. Accessed on 2019-04-16.
- 2019-04-08. Overwatch on Twitter: "> Accessing archived file... Decryption status: IN PROGRESS Target: Located… ", Twitter. Accessed on 2019-04-08.
- 2019-11-01, Overwatch 2 Gameplay Trailer. YouTube, accessed on 2019-11-08
- 2021-02-20, BlizzConline 2021 | Behind the Scenes of Overwatch 2 | Overwatch. YouTube, accessed on 2021-03-13
- 2019-11-07, BlizzCon 2019 Overwatch 2 Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2020-04-10
- 2019-04-17, Fareeha - Live at Blizzard HQ! EVENT HYPE
- 2019-10-30, New 'Overwatch 2' Leak Bares More Details About Sojourn's Origin. IB Times, accessed on 2019-10-30