- Junkrat throws a trap that will immobilize the first enemy that walks within 1 meter for 3 seconds. While trapped, enemies can look around and fire their primary weapon, but cannot use movement abilities. Only one trap may be active at a time.
- Steel Traps will appear to enemies to be slightly submerged in the ground, making them harder to see. However, enemies can destroy it manually if it has not yet trapped anyone. Junkrat will be notified if either outcome occurs.
- Orisa can escape a Steel Trap by using Fortify while trapped. If she walks into the trap while Fortify is active, she will destroy it.
- Mei can escape a Steel Trap by building an Ice Wall under herself.
- The Steel Trap is not legally permitted for the hunting of any animal on Earth.
|General||Main • Quotes • Gallery • Skins and Weapons • Sprays|
|Abilities||Frag Launcher • Concussion Mine • Steel Trap • Total Mayhem • RIP-Tire|
|Character relationships||Roadhog • Queen of Junkertown|
|Locations||Outback • Junkertown|
|Others||Junkers • Omnium|
|Media||Comic Shorts||Going Legit • Wasted Land|
|Animated Shorts||A Moment in Crime Special Report: "The Junkers" • Junkertown: The Plan|