Talon is a terrorist organization that serves as the main antagonistic faction in Overwatch's narrative.
Talon was established before the downfall of Overwatch. In the time since, they have steadily grown more bold and powerful. Members of Talon are clad in black body armor, complete with helmets and face-obscuring ballistic masks. However, these soldiers appear to be mere rank-and-file grunts; Talon commands enough technological and scientific talent to create and field far more lethal operatives, such as Widowmaker.
Talon appears to be connected closely to Blackwatch. McCree, a former member of the organization Blackwatch, noted that Talon operatives were using Blackwatch tactics during an attempted raid on a hypertrain, and at least one member of the strike force appeared to recognize him, raising implications about the two organizations.
At the moment, very little is known about Talon's overarching objectives or the reasoning behind their actions; however, their methods are undeniably villainous. They are exceptionally ruthless and perfectly willing to kill civilians and other noncombatants simply to cover their tracks. Recent activities suggest they may have an interest in rekindling the conflict between Omnics and humans.
Known connections & activities Edit
Gérard Lacroix was their most hated enemy for a time, the Overwatch operative heading attacks against their network. After multiple failed assassination attempts, they resorted to kidnapping and reconditioning his wife, Amélie, sending her to do what they could not. Gérard was murdered in his sleep by his brainwashed wife, and Talon's nemesis was out of the way. After the success of her mission, Talon completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. As Widowmaker, she is their most successful assassin and sniper, and has had all traces of her humanity stripped away.
Overwatch later attempted to rescue hostages from Talon. Talon's aim was to extract important projects from the captured scientists. Widowmaker was deployed and killed several Overwatch agents. Captain Ana Amari, an Overwatch sniper, was able to shoot her and break the visor covering her face. Ana recognized Amélie, which gave her pause; using this opening, Widowmaker delivered a seemingly fatal shot to Ana's right eye.
In the present, Reaper appears as one of the Talon's leading figures. Although the exact extent of his affiliation is unclear, he is clearly involved with their operations, given his past as the leader of Blackwatch, and has recently been seen working closely with Talon strike teams. Recently, Talon also expanded their power and influence by recruiting some underworld talented individuals, like Sombra.
Several recent Talon operations have struck devastating blows to the world. There was an attempt to raid a hypertrain in the United States; an attack on Watchpoint: Gibraltar in order to steal information about Overwatch's former agents; and the successful assassination of Tekhartha Mondatta at King's Row.
Recently, Talon's operations in Egypt was sabotaged by a vigilante "Shrike". The operation might have a connection to the Temple of Anubis, under guard by Helix Security International; and Sombra was involved in the operation. Reaper, Soldier: 76 and "Shrike" (revealed to be Ana) had a clash at Hakim's base, and resulted in the shutdown of the base.
Talon also launched an assassination operation on Katya Volskaya. It was carried out by Reaper, Widowmaker and Sombra. Unbeknownst to Reaper and Widowmaker, the operation was secretly sabotaged by Sombra for her own gain.
Later on, Talon infiltrated a maximum security prison owned by Helix Security International to free Doomfist. The operation was done by sending a plane with only Reaper in it to get past security and pick up Doomfist. After being freed, Doomfist went to Monaco to meet Maximilien, a fellow member of the council, in order to catch up with events involving the organization. Reaper, Widowmaker, Sombra, and Doomfist later went to a meeting in Venice to plan their next move.
Council of LeadersEdit
An enigmatic group of supercriminals who lead Talon. There are estimated to be about a dozen members on the council.
- Doomfist: A mercenary from Nigeria. Real name Akande Ogundimu, Doomfist took Talon's goal of making humanity stronger through conflict to heart, and became an intelligent and charismatic leader. Doomfist was defeated and put in prison by a team of Overwatch agents, but recently he broke out of prison and reclaimed his weaponry.
- Reaper: A mercenary from the United States. Formerly known as Gabriel Reyes, he was one of the famed founding members of the original Overwatch Strike Team and led Blackwatch during his days as an Overwatch member until he turned against the organization out of jealousy, which in-turn led to the explosion of the Swiss Headquarters that was presumed to have killed him. Reaper is a mercenary who joined Talon at an unknown date, and eventually became one of their leaders.
- Moira: A geneticist from Ireland. Her controversial research in DNA forced her to turn to unusual places for funding, including Blackwatch and Oasis.
- Sanjay Korpal: A Vishkar employee. Sanjay was one of the leaders of Vishkar's attempts to gain control over Rio de Janeiro.
- Maximilien: An omnic from Monaco. Maximilien has a day job as a croupier.
- Vialli: A former seat in the council of leaders from Venice. Vialli wanted Talon be more profitable for its members, but Akande threw him off a bridge for going against Talon's ideals.
- Antonio Bartalotti: Killed by Gabriel Reyes at the Venice Incident 8 years ago.
Various members who act out Talon's commands without leading operations.
- Widowmaker: An assassin from France. Once known as Amélie Lacroix, she was the former wife of Overwatch agent Gérard Lacroix, who spearheaded operations against Talon. She was kidnapped, tortured, subjected to neural reconditioning, all for the sake of murdering her own husband. Now, after extreme biological alteration that turned her skin blue and numbed her ability to experience human emotion, she serves as Talon's most effective assassin.
- Sombra: A hacker from Mexico. Olivia Colomar was a former member of Los Muertos who took part in cybernetic crimes until she uncovered a conspiracy, that also noticed her. Under the threat of its power, she removed all traces of her former self from existence, and subsequently joined Talon as a means to uncover the conspiracy and provide herself with protection.
- Hakim: A criminal from Egypt, he had been trying to capture Ana Amari, known to him as "Ghost". His base was under attack by Soldier: 76, where Reaper trapped the vigilante until Ana rescued him. Though his base is out of operation, Hakim's current whereabouts are unknown.
- Akinjide Adeyemi: The former Doomfist. Akinjide earned the title of 'Scourge of Numbani' for his frequent raids on the city. He was killed and replaced by the current Doomfist, Akande Ogundimu.
Talon has employed a variety of paramilitary forces. During the period of Overwatch's activities, these forces included heavily armored soldiers with specialist roles. In the modern day, Talon has utilized more lightly armored soldiers, with a lack of heavy armor or armament.
- Trooper: Make up the bulk of Talon's forces. Their total numbers remain unknown and appear to be growing. Outfitted with full body armor, helmets, and a suppressed assault rifle.
- Enforcer: Elite operators within the Talon organization appear to possess genetic and cybernetic augmentation that make them extremely dangerous in combat, particularly in close quarters. Outfitted with heavy body armor, helmets, and a shotgun.
- Assassin: Like the enforcers, Talon's assassin's possess enhanced speed, stealth, and balance and have proven extremely elusive, as their movements are near impossible to track. Outfitted with full body armor, helmet, and bladed tonfa.
- Sniper: Frighteningly effective at taking out high-priority targets around the world. Outfitted with full body armor, helmet, and a sniper rifle.
- Heavy Assault: Outfitted with a powered exoskeleton and dual mini-guns.
- Overwatch, especially these individuals:
- Former Overwatch agents
- Tekhartha Mondatta (assassination target)
- Katya Volskaya (assassination target)
- Helix Security International
- † Indicates the character is deceased.
Objective: Capture Amélie Lacroix
Participating members: Unknown
Media: No appearance in media
Objective: Capture scientists and extract information
Participating members: Widowmaker, multiple unnamed Talon agents
Location: Unknown Talon's base
Media: Ana Origin Story, Legacy
Result: Partial failure
Additional details: Hostages were rescued by Overwatch. Successfully eliminated Overwatch Second-in-Command, Ana Amari.
Objective: Retrieve the locations of former Overwatch agents
Participating members: Reaper, 4 unnamed Talon agents
Location: Watchpoint: Gibraltar
Result: Partial success
Additional details: A small roster of Overwatch agents was retrieved rather than the entire roster.
Objective: Assassinate Katya Volskaya
Participating members: Sombra, Reaper, Widowmaker
Location: Volskaya Industries
Additional details: The Talon operation failed, due to Sombra's intervention for the sake of her personal agenda.
Objective: Retrieve Doomfist's gauntlet
Participating members: Doomfist
Location: Numbani's Heritage Museum
Media: Orisa Origin Story
Objective: Assassinate Vialli and other rogue members of Talon
Participating members: Doomfist, Reaper, Widowmaker, Sombra
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Train Hopper
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Alive
- ↑ Legacy
- ↑ Cinematic Trailer
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Recall
- ↑ Infiltration
- ↑ Old Soldiers
- ↑ Infiltration
- ↑ Talon Involvement Confirmed in Previous Attack on Helix Facility
- ↑ Masquerade
|Members||Leaders||Doomfist • Reaper • Moira • Maximilien • Sanjay Korpal|
|Agents||Widowmaker • Sombra • Hakim|
|Former||Akinjide Adeyemi • Vialli • Antonio Bartalotti|
|Media||Shorts||Cinematic Trailer • Recall • Alive • Infiltration|
|Comics||Train Hopper • Legacy • Masquerade • Retribution|
|Articles||Attack On Helix|
|Enemies||Overwatch • Gérard Lacroix • Soldier: 76 • Shrike • Tekhartha Mondatta • Katya Volskaya|