The Ultimate Meter is a user interface element which displays the percentage of Ultimate ability progress the player has achieved. It is found at the bottom centre of the in-game display.
Functionality[edit | edit source]
- The Ultimate Meter starts at 0%.
- Dealing damage to heroes fills the Ultimate Meter.
- Healing yourself or other players will also fill the Meter.
- The Ultimate Meter will also slowly fill over time, without any interactions.
- The Ultimate Meter will not fill during Setup time.
- Once 100% is reached, the player is granted access to their Ultimate ability.
- Once the Ultimate is used, the Ultimate Meter will be reset to 0%.
- Switching hero will reset the Ultimate Meter to 0%, but deaths will not.
- At 0-99%, the Ultimate Meter displays the percentage of Ultimate ability progress the player has achieved. Once 100% is reached, the Ultimate Meter transforms into the hero's Ultimate ability icon.
- If a player is in the middle of casting their ultimate ability, but is interrupted by a stunning ability (examples of this are Brigitte's Shield Bash or McCree's Flashbang), their ultimate meter will still be reset to 0, regardless of whether or not the ultimates' effects are actually used.