|“||If you ask me, the Brits have their heads on straight! Omnic rights? Pah!||„|
The United Kingdom, commonly known as the UK or Great Britain, is a country in north-west Europe.
The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom is London.
History[edit | edit source]
|“||It's rediculous that seven years ago humans and omnics were working together to build a home...now every article I read is like state propaganda, posing omnics as the enemy.||„|
Much of modern Britain was built on the backs of omnic laborers. However, they are denied the basic rights that humans have. King's Row, London, has become a fulcrum of omnic agitation, along with their human sympathizers. Omnics have (or had) to undergo mandatory registration, and are effectively a labor caste within the country.
Human-omnic tensions culminated in the King's Row Uprising, in which a pro-omnic terrorist group known as "Null Sector" staged an uprising in King's Row and took Mayor Nandah, Mondatta and hundreds' of others as prisoners. The British government explicitly forbade Overwatch from intervening despite thousands in London requiring medical aid, resulting in Commander Jack Morrison dispatching four Overwatch agents—Tracer, Mercy, Reinhardt, and Torbjörn—to put an end to the crisis. The Uprising poisoned the well of human-omnic relations in the country. The country's media focused on omnic crime, treating even petty theft as being possible preludes to a Second Omnic Crisis.
Omnic spiritual leader Tekhartha Mondatta did much to try to improve the conditions of omnics within King's Row. At somepoint, he gave a speech to a joint human-omnic crowd. However, he was assassinated by Talon agent Widowmaker.
During the winter holiday season after Overwatch's recall, Britain was hit with a massive winter snowstorm, creating a white Christmas.
Known Locations[edit | edit source]
Known Nationals[edit | edit source]
Human[edit | edit source]
Omnic[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The United Kingdom's flag was revealed to be the same as the real-world United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the loading screen for the Overwatch map King's Row.
- Australia's flag and dialogue from Junkrat in-game would imply that it still retains the same constitutional monarch as the United Kingdom.
References[edit | edit source]
- Overwatch Visual Source Book
- 2017-04-03, OVERHYPE: KING'S ROW DECLASSIFIED APRIL 11. Blizzpro, accessed on 2017-04-04
- 2020-06-18, The new Overwatch novel puts Efi, Orisa, and Numbani on center stage. Blizzard Watch, accessed on 2020-07-19
- Tracer: Uprising
- Tracer—London Calling Issue 2
- Overwatch, Junkrat Quotes
- 2015-05-24, Overwatch is Back: Uncertainty and Hope After UN Confirms Vigilante Activity. Blizzard Entertainment., accessed on 2016-5-25
- Overwatch, Zenyatta Quotes
- Alive, Overwatch Animated Short | “Alive”. Accessed on 2016-04-03
- Tracer: Reflections