Hi. I have dumped all (or most) of the character voices and I feel like to contribute to this wiki. I've organized the Ana sound files for upload, but I've seen you already uploaded 10 Emotes for her. so I suppose you are going to upload her voices later on? Should I upload other heroes voices or not?
I've already uploaded few D.Va voices already to the wiki.
Also, can you tell me if that's the Wiki that most people visits for Overwatch info? There's another one lurking around which uses Wikia format. Thanks. Gabrielwoj (talk) 19:55, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hello! I have the voices dumped as well, but with school keeping me busy I only had the Ana unlockable voice lines ready to upload, which I finished last night. If you have them organized and ready, then you're probably more far along then I am, so I'd appreciate if you continue uploading the rest of the lines. Thank you for contributing! Especially for the quotes pages because they need lots of help.
- As to your other question, I'm not sure as to which wiki most people go to for info, so I don't have an answer for you. Sorry. - TheModster (talk) 21:44, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
- I'm going to upload some of the Ana files I have dumped, then. I dumped every hero's voice already, but not organized them. There were few ones for Ana that I couldn't get, but I may dump again and see what I can do. Also, with the same program, I got the game text files, including the tips when you die with a certain character / by a certain character. Do you think these could fit under the Heroes page? For example "000000000A77.07C: Be wary of moving close to McCree while his Flashbang is available." for the counter section and "000000000A8A.07C: Turrets can be stunned by abilities such as Reinhardt's Charge or McCree's Flashbang." for somewhere else. Or a new topic for "In-Game Tips" could be created too.
- Thanks. Gabrielwoj (talk) 22:17, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hmm, the tips are interesting. Sounds similar to the Official tips sections on the Hero pages. I think they would probably be better under their own section, but you may want to start a new topic on a general talk page (like the Community portal or Main page) to get more input before adding them. - TheModster (talk) 23:39, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
- There, I added some sounds. I made a mistake and I uploaded the .wav versions, and not the .ogg that it should have been. I'll reupload to oggs tomorrow and trash the .wav files when I'm done uploading and updating the page. I'll post on the talk page later, thanks. Gabrielwoj (talk) 00:12, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- I'll make sure to not repeat the same .wav mistake again. Gabrielwoj (talk) 00:14, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, sorry for the inactivity, have been busy on real life as well, haha. Probably I'll do something this weekend or something. I've seen some users already uploading some of the files, hopefully we have everything done soon. Gabrielwoj (talk) 03:47, 1 October 2016 (UTC)
Polish voice lines
Hey! I'm admin polish page about Overwatch. I need some of the lines but I don't know where to look (if they aren't encrypted or something). I could record them but it's hard when there's music or some other people talking in the background. Is there a way to find them? :) Szynka013 (talk) 20:26, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
- Hello! The best way is to extract the files yourself. Overtool can extract sound files in every language option. You will need the PC version of the game and the PTR (the current Overtool build only works on the PTR right now). Here is the tutorial for using Overtool, and here is the discussion thread for it. A warning: the extracted files will be automatically sorted into folders for each hero. These sound dumps include the dialogue and the non-dialogue sounds (screaming, grunts, etc.), and they're not labeled so you will have to listen through all of them for what you want. Hope this helps! - TheModster (talk) 01:28, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
- OMG! TheModster, thank you! You saved my life :3 Thanks again and Merry Christmas! Szynka013 (talk) 19:01, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
Hi, it's again me! I have one question. Why I don't find uprising event sprays in Overwatch files, and how to get to sprays for all the heroes? Thanks for help! Szynka013 (talk) 08:27, 28 April 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply, Szynka! Last time I checked, the Uprising items were unavailable due to the keys for them being missing/unobtainable. Supposedly the folks behind Overtool will be able to get the keys once the next big update comes around, and then we'll be able to extract Uprising stuff. - TheModster (talk) 15:10, 2 May 2017 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. Thanks again, TheModster <3 Szynka013 (talk) 21:23, 2 May 2017 (UTC)
Unused voice lines/lines from the beta?
Hello modster! Long time no talk lol. Just dropping by to ask, may I upload lines from the beta that are no longer used (but are still within the game's data)? For example, Symmetra's "The Cake is a lie" or D.va's gangnam style reference. If I can, where may I sort them under? (in the quotation pages of a character) Thanks! Miitama (talk) 15:55, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
- Hey, Miitama! I think those could go in a Removed section. You can copy a blank version of this section from the mock up on my user page. Junkrat's quotes has such a section if you want to see how it would look. - TheModster (talk) 00:23, 11 December 2016 (UTC)
I've gone over it and turned it back to Zhang. Long story short, reading this, I inferred that Zhang was Hammond's caretaker in the same way that Horvald looked after Winston, but going over it again, it isn't explicitly confirmed. Ergo, just "Zhang" now.--Hawki (talk) 01:38, 17 December 2017 (UTC)