Wildebeest is a hero that was created for the pitch meeting for Prometheus, which became Overwatch. His design is taken from unused Titan concept art. He was one of the marquee heroes prominently featured in the Prometheus "hero lineup" key art, and was also featured in early concept art created to help define the overall look of Overwatch's world.
- Wildebeest was featured in the The Art of Overwatch as a Reinhardt concept.
- Wildebeest's concept may have also been applied to Orisa and Brigitte, because of his Numbani heritage and his flail weapon.
- Wildebeest's image appears in Recall, though is unnamed
- Wildebeest also cameos at the start of the Cinematic Trailer, in the retconned image of the Overwatch team.
- 2017-11-13, The evolution of Overwatch’s heroes. Blizzard Watch, accessed on 2018-06-18
- 6 Secrets about Overwatch's Tank Heroes by Jeff Kaplan