Soldier: 76 displays a grouchy and serious demeanor, occasionally grumbling about his old age. He insults his opponents by saying that they've got a lot to learn and, according to himself, doesn't play by the same fighting rules that he used to. He's obsessed with bringing criminals to justice, even if it means taking extreme measures to hunt them down. Even though he sees no point in bringing back Overwatch to combat the Second Omnic Crisis, he still misses being able to fight alongside them, as revealed by his quotes when in Watchpoint: Gibraltar.
In spite of this behavior, Soldier: 76 is willing to protect the innocent, even at the cost of letting his adversaries get away. A prime example is in the Hero animated short where he shields Alejandra from the explosion of a grenade rather than immediately chasing after the Los Muertos gang. He also seems to commend his team once in a while, as shown by his positive comparisons of Pharah to her mother.
Jack Morrison was born in rural Indiana to a family of farmers. When he was 18, he joined the US military and became a subject of the experimental Soldier Enhancement Program. Through the program, he became close friends with Gabriel Reyes. When the Omnic Crisis began and the UN began to assemble Overwatch, the two accepted the offer to join alongside Reinhardt Wilhelm, Torbjörn Lindholm, Ana Amari, and Liao. Though Reyes led the strike team, Morrison was recognized as the team's moral fabric.
When Overwatch successfully put down the crisis, Reyes became head of Blackwatch while Morrison was promoted to Strike Commander. He oversaw Overwatch's rise to prominence, training new agents and leading them in peacekeeping missions. Over time, the public lost faith in Overwatch and accused it of negligence, corruption, and human rights abuses. During a United Nations investigation, Morrison was seemingly killed in a conflict with Reyes at the Swiss Headquarters. He was given a grave at the Arlington National Cemetery, though no body was found.
Morrison survived, and donned a new identity as Soldier: 76, stealing a Heavy Pulse Rifle from Watchpoint: Grand Mesa and wounding several Helix guards in the process. He began a string of attacks across America against financial institutions and former Overwatch bases in an attempt to avenge Overwatch.
In Hero, Soldier: 76 left the United States for Dorado to take on the Los Muertos gang. Though they managed to escape, Soldier: 76 did save the life of a young girl named Alejandra.
- Players play through the tutorial with Soldier: 76. He is also the players' opponent when using the AI option.
- His sprint makes up for his average speed.
- The Tactical Visor automatically aims his Heavy Pulse Rifle and Helix Rockets.
- It's easier to fire Helix Rockets at an opponent's feet - this will launch the target, making most immobile in midair. Firing directly does more damage, but it's far easier to miss. This is recommended when attacking faster targets such as Lucio or Genji.
- When fighting tanks, it's best to keep at a distance under cover. They can out-damage you, but you're able to heal with the Biotic Shield and spam rockets. If you're defending your team as they advance, this will waste the opponent's time as they attempt to finish you off.
- On a one-on-one fight, place down the Biotic Field immediately. This will save your life if you're ever hindered, i.e. frozen, stunned, or blinded. This can also make the difference in a fight with another Soldier: 76.
- On escort missions, the Biotic Field should be placed on top of the vehicle or payload. When the vehicle/payload moves, it will carry the Biotic Field, encouraging teammates to stay close.
- 士兵的特技巨星造型（英文原名：The Daredevil: 76）最初被命名為「76精神」（Spirit Of: 76）。
- 台詞「I love the smell of pulse munitions in the morning.」可能是來自於電影現代啟示錄的名言「I love the smell of napalm in the morning」。
|攻擊||士兵76 ● 死神 ● 法拉 ● 源氏 ● 閃光 ● 麥卡利●辛梅塔●半藏 ● 壁壘機兵 ● 奪命女|
|肉盾||D.Va ● 攔路豬 ● 札莉雅 ● 溫斯頓 ● 萊茵哈特|
|輔助||慈悲 ● 禪亞塔 ● 路西歐 ● 安娜|