Amélie Lacroix was married to Gérard Lacroix, a member of Overwatch that led operations against Talon. She was kidnapped by Talon and underwent neural reconditioning to turn her into a sleeper agent. She was rescued by Overwatch, but after two weeks she killed Gérard and returned to Talon. The neural reconditioning was finished, turning her emotionless, and she was trained in covert arts. Her heart rate was lowered to give her steadier aim, which turned her skin blue.
In Alive, Widowmaker was sent to assassinate Tekhartha Mondatta at his speech in King's Row. Though Tracer tried to stop her, the mission was successful.
In the Cinematic Trailer, Widowmaker works with Reaper to steal Doomfist's gauntlet from a museum. After a fight with Winston and Tracer, this was unsuccessful; though both escaped intact, the gauntlet was badly damaged and the two lost their upper hand.
Widowmaker has a malevolent disposition, showing no mercy for her targets no matter who they are and having a love for killing, claiming that it makes her feel alive. She also seems to possess vanity when it comes to her skills and looks.
However, it is implied that Widowmaker didn't always act this way, and that she was a sweet woman before Talon brainwashed her. It is also implied that there's bits and pieces of evidence which indicates that her old self is still there somewhere. An example is when she's resurrected by Mercy in-game, she'll sometimes call out for her husband, or lament the fact that she's still alive.
- Widowmaker has an extremely long range with her sniper rifle.
- Use her grappling hook to reach vantage points or to escape from danger.
- Infra-Sight allows her entire team to see enemies through walls.
- She has relatively low health, so picking a hard-to-find perch is a necessity.
- Use poison traps on entrances to your sniper perch. Whether they're destroyed or they go off, you'll know someone is there.
- Her poison traps can be destroyed.
- Winston can be an especially effective counter to Widowmaker; jump up to her perch and drop your bubble, your electricity will take her down in a few moments. If she tries to flee with her grappling hook, follow with your jump, as it is on a much shorter cooldown.
- As a young girl, Widowmaker was afraid of spiders and told they felt no emotion.
- A modeling error occurred during the beta where her backside enlarges when her ultimate ability is activated.
- Widowmaker's "Odette" and "Odile" skins are a reference to the twin characters from the ballet "Swan Lake" - the white swan and black swan respectively.
- Most of Widowmaker's skins are named after the French word for their colour - translated, they are just "Sky", "Night", "Green", "Pink", and "Black".
- Alive Animated Short
|攻擊||士兵76 ● 死神 ● 法拉 ● 源氏 ● 閃光 ● 麥卡利●辛梅塔●半藏 ● 壁壘機兵 ● 奪命女|
|肉盾||D.Va ● 攔路豬 ● 札莉雅 ● 溫斯頓 ● 萊茵哈特|
|輔助||慈悲 ● 禪亞塔 ● 路西歐 ● 安娜|