In addition to these abilities, Mercy will passively heal herself for 25 health per second if she does not take damage for 3 seconds.
As the head of a prominent hospital in Zürich, Switzerland, Dr. Angela Ziegler discovered new uses for applied nanobiology that made treating life-threatening illnesses or injuries significantly easier and more successful. This attracted the attention of Overwatch, which she gladly joined.
When Mercy became Overwatch's head of medical research, she developed the Valkyrie swift-response suit so her technology could be taken to the battlefield. Using it, she helped to save the life of Genji when he was nearly killed by his brother, Hanzo.
After the Overwatch Swiss Headquarters was destroyed, Mercy attended a UN committee to explain how the relationship between Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes decayed and became violent. She kept her Valkyrie suit after Overwatch was disbanded and continues to use it to heal the sick and wounded.
It is implied that Mercy saved Gabriel Reyes' life after the conflict at the Swiss Headquarters.
At the time of the Overwatch Recall, Mercy was in Iraq.
- Mercy has very little meaningful offensive capability.
- When paired with a hero such as Bastion or Widowmaker who stay in one place, she can be particularly helpful by using her Caduceus Staff to give them a damage buff.
- Extra Damage from Mercy's damage boost is calculated when a projectile reaches it's target, not when it is fired.
- Mercy's ultimate ability changes with her skin; with the Imp or Devil skin, she says, "Heroes never die… for a price," and with the Sigrún or Valkyrie skin, she says, "Til Valhalla!"
- The phrase "On a scale of one to ten, how is your pain?" is a common saying by medical practitioners. It may be a reference to the film Big Hero 6, in which the character Baymax says, "On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your pain?"
- Mercy's skins "Sigrún" and Valkyrie" are a reference to the Norse mythological beings called Valkyries. Valkyries are female demigods who choose who may live and who may die in battle.
- The "Sigrún" skin is also an homage to the Valkyrie Sigrún
- One of Mercy's random lines, "Medic!…Wait, that's me." may be a reference to the video game Team Fortress 2 (which is Overwatch's spiritual predecessor), in which the characters yell "Medic!" to call for healing.
|攻擊||士兵76 ● 死神 ● 法拉 ● 源氏 ● 閃光 ● 麥卡利●辛梅塔●半藏 ● 壁壘機兵 ● 奪命女|
|肉盾||D.Va ● 攔路豬 ● 札莉雅 ● 溫斯頓 ● 萊茵哈特|
|輔助||慈悲 ● 禪亞塔 ● 路西歐 ● 安娜|