Zenyatta became the mentor of Genji, a human that had been given a machine body to save his life. Genji had been unsettled by his existence, but Zenyatta helped him come to terms with his dual existence. Genji moved into the village at the Shambali monastery.
Zenyatta came to disagree with the monastery's methods of spreading their message. He believed that humans and omnics should unite via empathy, not just dogmatic teaching. He decided to leave the monastery, and now wanders the world.
- He has low health and mobility, but Transcendence makes him briefly invulnerable.
- Zenyatta is a great support class and is very useful, but he is also capable of putting out very respectable damage. This should not be underestimated when facing him.
- Zenyatta is the only hero in Overwatch to have more shield than health.
- Zenyatta is the only hero who has no footstep noises, making him surprisingly stealthy.
- Since Zenyatta's Orbs of Destruction have a travel time, it's better to engage at mid-range so that you can land your shots effectively, without leading them too much.
- Orb of Harmony is fairly easy to use - just apply it to nearby allies that are in need of healing.
- Orb of Discord
- His Orb of Discord is very effective at taking down high health opponents, such as tanks.
- While his Orb of Discord requires line of sight to maintain, it can be useful in highlighting hidden enemies like Widowmaker or Reaper for other teammates to close in on.
- Zenyatta seems to have nine glowing dots on his head, same with Mondatta, while other omnics have three dots.
- Zenyatta's "Hello, world!" voice line comes from what most programmers use as a basis of their first program
- Zenyatta's name may come from:
- Zenyatta Mondatta, the third studio album by English rock band, The Police.
- Sunyata, meaning emptiness - a cornerstone doctrine in Buddhism philosophy.
- The Japanese-origin universal word "zen" means "meditative state" (or "trance"), and the Malay and Indonesian word "nyata" means means "absolute," "clear," "real," and "true." This simply alludes to the fact that meditation can bring someone to enlightenment.
- Zenyatta's orbs are hand-carved at Shambali Monastery and serve as a means to channel Omnic energy. They can be unleashed in peaceful or destructive ways.
- Zenyatta's "I Dreamt I Was A Butterfly" voice line comes from a Quote by Chinese Philosopher Zhuangzi.
- Although Zenyatta is an omnic, and does not have a physical sex, the game refers to Zenyatta as a male. Using terms such "he" and "his".
|攻擊||士兵76 ● 死神 ● 法拉 ● 源氏 ● 閃光 ● 麥卡利●辛梅塔●半藏 ● 壁壘機兵 ● 奪命女|
|肉盾||D.Va ● 攔路豬 ● 札莉雅 ● 溫斯頓 ● 萊茵哈特|
|輔助||慈悲 ● 禪亞塔 ● 路西歐 ● 安娜|